News media paid promotional programs.
When two or more different priced publications are sold together (newspapers or periodicals), the circulation is eligible as paid home delivery if the following requirements are met:
- The selling price of the combination package is at least one cent per subscription, net of considerations.
- Subscriptions to each publication in the combination package are generally available for sale separately in the marketplace.
- None of the publications are stated or implied as free, no additional cost, no extra charge, complimentary or other synonymous language.
- If the solicitation promotes only the combination package, the purchase price offered must be a minimum of one cent per publication, net of considerations.
- If the solicitation presents one or both of the publications individually, in addition to the combination, the individual purchase prices must be at least one cent less than the combo price.
If a digital edition of a newspaper is offered in combination with another newspaper’s print and/or digital edition at no incremental charge, the copies of that digital edition may be reported as qualified digital if the subscriber registers and activates the digital service by establishing a username and password.
Example: Two-newspaper Home Delivery Combination Sale
|Buy a one-year, 7-day subscription to both The Gazette and The Journal for the low price of only $100!
___ Sign me up for a one-year subscription to The Gazette and The Journal for only $100!
Example: Newspaper and Magazine Home Delivery Combination Sale:
|Buy a one-year, 7-day subscription to The Gazette (7-day) and to Best Ever Magazine (12 issues) for the low price of only $100!
___ Sign me up for a one-year subscription to The Gazette (7-day) and Best Ever Magazine (12 issues) for only $100!