News media paid promotional programs
Applicable Rule: C 1.1 Paid Circulation
If part of a subscription term is promoted as free, the entire term of service is eligible as paid home delivery if the following requirements are met:
- Promotional materials state the subscription term and frequency.
- The purchase price is at least one cent, net of considerations.
- Contract portion of the offer states the full-delivery term and purchase price of the subscription.
The contract portion of the solicitation is:
- The direct mail piece where the consumer chooses the purchase option (i.e., by checking a box).
- The order page on the Internet (or shopping cart summary).
- The point of verbal agreement in a telemarketing script or inbound call.
- If part of a term is presented as free in easy pay offers, the promotional material must contain language that implies value to the free term.
- Copies presented or implied as free without the contractual statement of full term and price are only eligible as qualified home delivery address specific.
Buy or renew a Monday-Sunday subscription to The Gazette today at regular prices and get up to three extra months absolutely FREE!
Sign up for Easy Pay today and get your first month subscription to The Gazette absolutely FREE!