News media qualified circulation
Nonpaid single copies distributed to the consumer via public access. Public access of the publication can be either publisher or carrier/distributor controlled. For copies to be included in qualified public access, the following requirements must be met:
Copies requested by a business for distribution to its patrons.
- Hospitals and nursing homes
- Doctors/dentists offices
- Other public locations (e.g., barber shops, salons, retail locations)
- The business/organization requests or agrees to receive the copies
- Copies are easily accessible to patrons
Distributed to Apartments
Copies distributed in common areas of multi-unit residential buildings.
- Delivered to residential apartment buildings and other multi-unit residential buildings.
- Copies are easily accessible to residents in common areas.
Racks and Other Distribution
Copies distributed via racks or other nonresidential locations.
- Copies are delivered to a public location.
- Copies are easily accessible for pick-up and use by individuals.
Note: Advertising checking copies, service copies, etc. are not eligible to be reported as qualified circulation.