News media paid promotional programs
When a newspaper publishes less than seven days a week and wants to distribute copies of another newspaper on its nonpublishing days, the supplemental circulation served by the other newspaper is eligible as paid individual subscriptions.
- Newspaper A (primary newspaper) only publishes Monday through Saturday.
- Newspaper B publishes seven days a week.
- Newspaper A wants to serve Newspaper B’s Sunday issue to all of its subscribers.
The supplemental copies of Newspaper B are eligible as paid individual subscriptions if the following requirements are met:
- Promotional materials clearly identify the two newspapers being sold together and reflect a qualifying purchase price for the bundle.
- The supplemental newspaper isn’t stated or referred to as free, no additional cost, complimentary or other synonymous language. Copies presented or implied as free to the consumer are only eligible as qualified home delivery - address specific.
- Subscribers are presented with an opportunity to opt-out of the supplemental newspaper.
- Circulation for the supplemental newspaper is not served in excess of two days per week.
If a digital edition is to be utilized as the publication distributed on nonpublishing days of the host newspaper, subscribing households must register and activate the digital edition service.
Example: Newspaper Distributed Together Offer
Subscribe to The Gazette (Mon.-Fri.) and the Saturday and Sunday delivery of The Journal is included!* All for only $48 a year!
YES, I want to subscribe today!
_____ 6 months, $24.00
_____ 1 year, $48.00
_____ * To opt-out of delivery of The Journal, simply check this box.
Example: Newspaper Distributed Together Notification
Dear loyal Gazette subscriber: