Magazine media qualifying verified circulation
This type of public place verified circulation includes copies provided to airlines for distribution on-board the planes or in restricted access airline clubs. These copies are for use by passengers on the flight or in the clubs and are intended to remain in these locations for use by future passengers (not intended for pick up and removal by passengers).
For airline public place verified circulation to comply with AAM requirements, each airline must:
- Agree (opt-in) to receive delivery of the magazine(s).
- No inducements (financial or otherwise) may be provided to airline to participate.
- Receive at least two consecutive issues of the magazine.
- Receive the current issue of the magazine (back copy service is not permitted).
- Distribute copies either on-board the planes or in restricted access airline clubs.
- Have total discretion as to how many copies are made available in each airline location (in restricted access clubs, on domestic flights and on international flights). For example, if an airline agrees to receive 2,000 copies per issue, they may choose to place all 2,000 copies on international flights and none in their clubs or on domestic flights.
- Provide an affidavit attesting that all magazine copies were made available to their customers either on-board their airplanes or in restricted access clubs.
- Sign a written agreement with the magazine(s), or its agent, regarding the details of delivery.
For airline copies, the signed agreement must be renewed at least once per year (annually) and contain the following information:
- The name of the airline.
- Confirm the airline’s willingness to receive delivery of the magazine(s).
- Identify locations where copies are distributed and that the intent is for the copies to remain in these locations (not for pick up and removal by passengers).
- State the title of the magazine(s) and total quantity and term of subscriptions, per magazine, being delivered.
- Contain a statement affirming that the airline has not received any inducements to participate in the program.
- Contain the printed name, title, and signature of the executive at the airline.
- Contain the date agreement was signed.
Please note: Copies that do not meet the above qualification requirements for airline copies do not qualify as verified circulation. These situations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Copies placed in other airport public locations (such as gate areas, shuttle services, etc.)
- Copies made available for pick up and removal by the airline customers.